Scripts from OpenRefine
- Show how OpenRefine generates JSON code
- Save JSON code from an analysis
- Use saved JSON code to repeat an analysis
- Refine saves every change, every edit you make to the dataset in a
file you can save on your machine.
- If you had 20 files to clean, and they all had the same type of
errors, and all files had the same columns, you could save the
script, open a new file to clean, paste in the script and run
it. Voila, clean data.
- In the
Undo / Redo tab, click
Extract, save the bits desired
using the check boxes.
- Copy the code and paste it into a text editor. Save it as a .txt
To run these steps on a new dataset
- import the new dataset into Refine
- open the
Undo / Redo section and click
- paste your script and click
Previous: Working with OpenRefine Next: Saving and Exporting files and projects